One of the awesome things about me launching 12 Notes is that I get to find amazing talent in my own back yard. If you don’t already know, I am South African and to find amazing independent South African artists is always a pleasure for me. Maybe I am a little biased or maybe it’s patriotism, but I always yearn to see my fellow South Africans become successful in anything they do. It is good for them and also great for our country. In spite of our problems it is good to know that we are moving forward and that the arts, especially music, is gaining momentum, getting better and that we have new and amazing talent…such as DéMonique.
Authentic, Glamorous, Vibrant, Exciting SA Pop Duo Deme & Niqi are sisters who took singing & dancing from some of the roughest streets to some of the biggest stages in South Africa. Pursuing this dream relentlessly makes it possible to convey the message that where you come from should not determine where you’re going- success is our choice! Their mission is to change the face of the SA music scene by literally bringing some color to it, while taking our unique & fresh brand of fun & inspiration to the youth.
The talented duo have quickly amassed a following and have performed with and opened for a few famous international artists.
Their notable performances to date:
- Opening Acts for Pitbull, Jay Sean (twice) and Fatman Scoop on their South African tours.
- Project Runway Anya Ayoung Chee’s “Your Highness” brand launch.
- DJ Tira’s NYE Party “Fact Durban Rocks.”
- IDOLS Winner Khaya Mthetwa’s KZN Launch.
- Beach Africa “International Pro Surfing.”
- Presidential and Mayoral events and awards.
- SA AIDS 7 Concert.
- Johannesburg Pride.
- Grey Goose and Radison Blu’s 7th Annual All White Party – Pool Edition.
- Hard Rock Cafe’s Urban Music Sessions with Blayze, Kent Smoke and more.
- Bennies Bash 2016.
- TurnUp Music Launch.
DéMonique have so far released two albums, “Ain’t That Innocent” and “First and Foremost;” and have four Number 1 singles, “Don’t Wanna Go” featuring Bryce Anderson, “Shake It,” “How Do You Do This” featuring IDOLS runner up Lendel and “First and Foremost.”
Their music has been playlisted and charted on the following radio stations:
- East Coast Radio
- Heart FM
- Gagasi FM
- Lotus FM
- Ukhozi FM
- Radio Maritzburg
- Youth Radio
- Inanda FM
- MRP Radio
- Cliff Central
- Touch Central
- East Coast Radio “Late Nite Vibez” Volume 1 and 2.
- Album “Ain’t That Innocent” used as the soundtrack to Run For Your Life 2.
- The single “Broken Promises” was written as the theme song for the movie Broken Promises 3. Music off the the album “First and Foremost” was used as well.
- Magazines: 5 pages in People Magazine, 3 pages in SUTRA Magazine.
- Papers: Front pages of The Sunday Times, Post, The Witness, Woza Weekend and most community newspapers.
- Radio: Metro FM, East Coast Radio, Cliff Central, Touch Central, Lotus FM, MRP Radio.
- TV: SABC 2’s Eastern Mosaic, SABC 3’s Mela, various DSTV channels.
- The DéMonique “WOW! I Feel Great” Campaign, targeting youth in school & endorsed by The Office of the Premier, Arts & Culture, & Department of Education.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/DeMoniqueMusic/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/DeMoniqueDiva
Soundcloud – https://soundcloud.com/demonique-3
YouTube – DéMonique
JOIN THE 12 NOTES SQUAD!!! Discover new artists and new music. Subscribe to our mailing list and receive our free weekly newsletter packed with information about new artists and other music news.